I have decided to make a game, I already got down the plot, but there is much to be done.
First thing I want to do is, select my tool for the job, I want my game to be inside of the browser, so pygame isn’t an option for me right now.
These are the tools I have thought of using.
- Well documented on sites like MDN and Dev.Opera.
- An excellent opportunity to use HTML5′s canvas.
- The canvas is still unsupported in some browsers.
- Works with a lot of browsers.
- It uses python, which is a language I am familiar with and enjoy using.
- Works well in, and outside of the browser window.
- A bit of performance issues.
- Plugin, not really worth it at the moment because the game I am making is 2d; I’m going to make a 3d game in the future and I might use panda.
- I already know the basic syntax if I decide to use Jython(which is just an implementation of Python with the same syntax as CPython).
- Opensource(Well, Jython is, I don’t know if java is opensource and I’m too lazy to check at the moment )
- Works in a lot of browsers
- Am I really going to use an applet for a game?
- No plugins needed, in most cases.
- Also well documented.
- A good opportunity to use SVG and JS.
- Not always supported.